Adapted from Delicious Obsessions
- 1/2 cup dried elderberries
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- Filtered Water
- 4 Tablespoons gelatin
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Add dried elderberries and 1 cup of water to a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain liquid through a sieve and press out as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids.
- Measure liquid and add either fresh squeezed orange juice or filtered water so you have 1 cup of liquid.
- Return to sauce pan and heat until warm.
- Sprinkle in gelatin a little at a time and stir until all gelatin is incorporated being careful not to have lumps.
- Remove from heat and add honey and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased molds and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep 1 – 2 weeks.