16 ounces Melt and Pour soap (I used Goat’s Milk)
1/2 cup rolled oats, blended or processed until medium-fine
40-80 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Rubbing Alcohol in a fine-mist spray bottle
- Cut soap into cubes, and melt soap in a double-boiler on medium-low heat.
- Remove soap from heat and add lavender oil and oatmeal powder, stirring to combine.
- Pour slowly and fill all molds.
- Spray with Rubbing Alcohol immediately to prevent bubbles.
- Let cool completely before removing from molds.
Want the layered effect of color like mine? Only pour half the soap in the molds filling each one half-way. To the remaining soap, add 1/8 teaspoon alkanet root powder (that you have left over from making lip balm!) or other colorant according to manufacturer’s directions. If you use the root powder, be sure to stir very well until completely dispersed. It will have little specs of color, but I liked the way it turned out.